[TechAssist] Re: SHARP 27F-S200, major vertical problem

  • From: D Trippel <dtrippel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:34:52 -0800

I had a sharp with the same problem .  The problem turned out to be a 1ohm
resistor close to the vertical
output had increased in value to about 1.5 ohms . I wasted alot of time on that
set. It was quite awhile
ago . I'm not shure if It is the same model but it is worth a look . good luck!

Don Trippel
Don's Electronics
Rosthern , Sask
Canada

becyn wrote:

> Hello all,
> We got this set in with a vertical collapse (line).
> The vertical out IC was was shorted, which also took out the supply diode and
> it's limiting resistor.
> The 100uf charge pump cap was also changed for good measure.
>
> Here's the problem...
> Now it has 2/3 vertical raster with a bight white line in the middle!!!
>
> Any ideas or personal experieces would be appreciated.
>
> Jim McVey
> McVey Alltronix
> 327 Broadway
> Newburgh Ny 12550