[TechAssist] Re: SECOND REQUEST SYLVANIA 6427CTA

  • From: "Jerome Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 20:54:12 -0400

You need a circuit diagram. At the micro there may be several power safety
inputs and an x-ray input. Monitor those inputs with a scope as you press
the power button. The one that does not agree with the voltages on the print
will point you to the circuit or group of circuits where the problem is.
This is the method I use with all of the Funai product where the power can
be turned on and shuts off after a short time. Usually this points to the
deflection circuits. The deflection circuit may have 3 or 4 deflection
related functions combined into one power safety.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave Greenville SC 29609
Fax/Phone 864 232 3889