[TechAssist] Re: Repair price for replacing convergence IC's

  • From: "Ed Gaidies" <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 20:43:57 -0400

Kevin;
        Seeing it's the weekend, and Service orientated. The discussion
is viable. (Although repetitive).

We all seem to fall into the same trap.

You charge for your time. You charge for the handing in your shop..(size
and weight)

If it's brought in...if you picked it up?

        Sometimes we are under the impression...the higher the Purchase
Price of a product...the more we should charge.

We all do it...

Most, that have been in the business for a few
years...self-employed...seeing the Red&Black bottom lines...know they
have to charge what keeps them in the "black".

        NESDA has a good form called CODB..which is Cost of doing
Business. I have an old copy..probably 6 years old.

        You have been on this list, long enough to know that if you ask
this question...Wayne in Pensacola, would give you different advice then
Leroy or Mark or Jeff. Location...Economic pressures for a certain area
will give different results and advice.

        I realize you are a younger, less experienced Technician, then
some on this list...

Main thing is...............

If you intend to remain in this business...Honesty...Ethics...and a
respect from your "good" customers is a good starting point.

        Back to your question...I charge $49.00 an hour...beginning to
end.

Sometimes...end of the month...may vary...Depends if the Bank called me.
(Kidding)

Just not a discussion..."Charge what traffic allows, and makes you sleep
at night".

-Ed-

Tel-Tek Electronics
Ontario-Canada