[TechAssist] Re: Repair price for replacing convergence IC's

  • From: "J. Knoll" <jaystv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 08:50:03 -0400

That definitely is NOT dishonest. Some people will pay even more through
Sears and only go to Sears because they think that they will get superior
service. The customers don't know that the Sears techs come to my shop once
in a while to ring flybacks and stuff because the Sears here does not own
any equipment.
Since I never know which darn big screen is going to turn into a dog and
bite me with a return call I may have to raise my prices again to cover
expenses.
Jay- Jays TV
On 6/13/05, Electric Medic <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Shaun: Please read my thread carefully. I didn't change anything and say
> "NOW" nothing. I love how people can find or think they find discrepancies
> in anything. Charge whatever in the hell you want, it was a opinion, for
> Heavens sake. Take it as that and quit trying to analyze it. I said $125
> upfront and $300 at the end as an example. I think that equals $425,
> right.
> Don't think I charge that amount exactly on every job, every set, every
> time, every, every, every........... It was proportions, it was a example.
> We were speaking in generalities. In my opinion the two hundred range is
> too
> low for a JVC PTV or any PTV major repair.. And yes, I have two men that
> bring in "ALL" our repairs so the job is done the first time every time
> and
> I can burn-in every set. Also there is never a problem of not having a
> part
> on the truck. Do what you want, this works for me. But..do not make it
> sound
> dishonest, whatever you do because I work and earn every dime I make to
> make
> ends meet.
>
> Perry Bower
> Electric Medic
> "It's Cheaper to Keep Her"
> http://www.electricmedic.com
> 3850 Washington Road Suite 4C
> Martinez, Georgia 30907
> Phone: 706-8MEDIC4 (863-3424)
> Phone: 706-863-3474
> Fax: 706-863-2316
> mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

J. Knoll TechAssist Monitor
TechAssist
225 Monticello Ave.
Clarksburg WV, 26301
www.tech-assist.org <http://www.tech-assist.org>
www.techassist.net<http://www.techassist.net>
PS:
If replying to this email, please include all previous correspondence.
It is the only way we can get the full picture. Thank You!!!