[TechAssist] Repair Tip for Daewoo TV model DTQ-27FS2 chassis CN200A

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 17:09:45 -0500

Daewoo TV model DTQ-27FS2 chassis CN200A

The symptoms for this set were that it took a couple minutes for the set
to warm up to see normal light on the screen and then all there was, was
a blue screen (no tuning of channels). On screen graghics worked and
there was video on screen in Video Input mode.

Solutions:

the long warm up period was fixed by replacing R806, 390k Ohm, 1/2 Watt
-going to base of Q804. The resistor didn't measure bad with the ohmeter
so it must have increased in value under load. It was slightly off color
but hardly noticable.

Then I subbed the tuner with an I.F. signal but there was still no
video. Replaced IC501, LA7674 jungle chip and video was now working
fine.
--

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics