[TechAssist] Rename and Zip before upload

  • From: "Jay Knoll" <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 22:24:09 -0400

There are a couple of things that everyone should do before uploading files.
First check the name of the file and make sure the name is recognizable.
If not rename the file to something  we all can recognize.
Leave no spaces in the file name instead put a hyphen where the spaces would be.
Even though your site has a good bit of space compress the file... every mb
saved leaves
room for another file. If you do not have a zip program you can get one at
http://www.winzip.com .
Remember that not everyone has high speed internet access and a 25 mb file can
take a long
 time for some to download only to find it was not what they thought it was.
J. Knoll  Server Administrator
www.tech-assist.org www.techassist.net
PS:
 If replying to this email, please include all previous correspondence.
 It is the only way we can get the full picture. Thank You!!!
Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
http://sell.tech-assist.org