[TechAssist] Re: Remote Controls

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 16:02:17 -0500

I recall a tip from somebody cutting out little pieces of adhesive backed
metal foil muffler patch and sticking on the defective pads. Sounds wierd
but its cheap, you get a lifetime supply for little money, and several other
servicers said they tried it and it worked well. Several places sell a
conductive liquid contact restorer you paint on. A couple of places sell a
two-part conductive epoxy you mix and apply. I bought a paint-on bottle of
liquid stuff but it doesnt wet the pads well and I think it will flake off.
I have had some remotes come in that had been repaired elsewhere and the
stuff had come off and made a mess. I have the GC Nickel Print but it doesnt
wet the pads well either. I think that oil from fingers works its way
through the elastomer and makes it difficult to make things stick to it.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave
Greenville SC 29609