[TechAssist] Realistic Audio System Cat.# 13-1244, System# 1220. Tape motor shuts down

  • From: HarrisTV50010@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 17:03:50 EST

We have a Realistic Audio System Catalog# 13-1244, System# 1220 in our shop.
This unit has two tape decks and the two separate drive motors. Either deck
you try to use that motor will run a few minutes and loose its drive voltage.
If you freeze spray IC103(M5218Al) then the motor will keep going. We have
replaced IC103 but we still have the same problem. We have tried to single
out surrounding components but it seems to be IC related. We do not have the
schematic diagram to diagnose any further. Does anyone have any ideas what
could be causing this by chance before I try to order a service manual from
Tandy?

TIA,
Dale

Dale A. Lubow... HarrisTV50010@xxxxxxx ..515-232-1109..(Fax)515-232-3356
Harris TV & Appliance..........335 Lincoln
Way.....Ames.....Iowa.....50010-3384