[TechAssist] Re: Rca\GE Model # G31151WK\ In parental lock

  • From: "tvservice" <tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 08:41:39 -0600

YOU MUST USE EMOTE CONTROL

The PARENTAL CTRL and CHAN CTRL functions let you lock any channels you
choose so they cannot be viewed by your children.
Channels that have been locked can be viewed only when the PARENTAL CTRL
function is set to OFF.
This can only be done with the remote control-it can not be changed with the
buttons on the front of the TV.
Therefore, after you turn on PARENTAL CTRL, you simply hide the remote
control so that your children can not watch the locked channels.
The locked-out channels will remain unviewable even if the TV is unplugged
or the channels are autoprogrammed again.
The only way to view locked channels is to use the supplied remote control
to set the PARENTAL CTRL function to OFF.

The PARENTAL CTRL and the CHAN CTRL functions work hand-in-hand.
The instructions below will first tell you how to turn parental control on
or off with the PARENTAL CTRL function
and then how to lock desired channels with the CHAN CTRL function.
1. Repeatedly press MENU to select SETUP MENU, and then press + or - to
display setup functions.
Repeatedly press MENU to select the PARENTAL CTRL function.
. When this function is set to ON, PARENTAL CTRL is activated and any
channels you locked with the
CHAN CTRL function will not be viewable.
. When this function is set to OFF, PARENTAL CTRL is deactivated and all
channels are viewable.
2. To lock channels, press the MENU button to select the CHAN CTRL function.
Select a channel you want to lock by pressing CHANNEL up or down.
Then press +. The CHAN CTRL setting will change from NORMAL to LOCKED when
that channel is locked.
To return the channel to NORMAL, press the - button.
Repeat step 2 for each channel you want to lock.
If the PARENTAL CTRL function is set to ON while you are locking out
channels, each channel will go blank as you lock it.
When the PARENTAL CTRL function is set to ON and a channel which has been
locked out is tuned,
the TV will display the words PARENTAL CONTROL to let your kids know you
have locked it.

Robert
tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
H & H Electronics Inc