[TechAssist] Re: Rca Chipper Checker Problem.

  • From: Dennis Viereck <wa6ati@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 19:00:21 -0800

Insure you are in the service mode by pressing the power button. Nothing
should happen. All buttons will be locked out.
It is interesting that you said the "set shuts off" because this tells me you
might not be in the service mode. The adapter you need to use is Part #
212121.

Be sure your in service mode. Press the menu button and hold, press the Power
then release, then Volume up, then release menu and Volume up. Press volume
down until the V=200 the channel up then channel down. After that all the
buttons will be locked out and you should be in the service mode.
Start the software, and when you are ready to detect chassis connect the cable
from the chassis to the back of the Chipper Checker box.

It should work.

Dennis Viereck