[TechAssist] Re: Rca CTC169BJ5

  • From: Wayne Vanaman <Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:39:00 -0500

Sounds like multiple problems.
1. standby should be 140-145.  Check the 2.2uf cap by the drive IC, and
the 39 or 47 uf cap on the base of the regulator transistor.  It is hard
to start 'cause the standby supply is whacked.

2. The OSD problem is probably one of the two or three box caps by the
horizontal output transistor.

3. Audio power IC is probably blown.

Wayne Vanaman
Omega Electronics