[TechAssist] Re: RCA-PTK-195AA(No remote functions)

  • From: "Wayne Vanaman" <Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 15:09:16 -0600

The part number for the IR  sensor is 245282.  I have seen many that were
either intermittent or bad solder connections, to the point that I bought a
couple of boards, besides, warranty replacement.  I just replace the sensor
and resolder the entire board.  Then when I have one on a call I can just
swap the board.

Also, however, I have seen bad solder connections on the main PCB where the
cable from the sensor board connects to the main PCB.

Wayne Vanaman
Omega Electronics
6904 W Fairfield Dr
Pensacola, Fl.  32506-3310