[TechAssist] Re: RCA modell F27678BC CTC187AJ SAM4285

  • From: PEYETO@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 11:12:21 EST

Thank you for your replay. I also think the CRT is not good, and the costumer
do not want to spend money on this unite, so I'll give it back.
Thank you again
                                Jose Paniagua
In a message dated 1/27/2002 7:41:52 AM Pacific Standard Time,
wa6ati@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

You have a bad CRT. Probably lost it vacuum, or the neck is broken and only
being
held in place because of the epoxy glue used to bond the yoke to the CRT.

Your best way to test this is disconnect the anode lead and put it into
something
safe like a dry narrow neck glass bottle. Then turn it on.

I have seen on rare occasions that the vertical circuit failed and caused the
beam to be deflected too far to the neck of the tube and crack the glass at
the
start of the funnel of the CRT. Before changing CRT make sure you do not have
DC voltage across the yellow and green wires at the deflection yoke. You will
damage the replacement tube too.

Dennis Viereck

PEYETO@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Hello friends here is my story on this TV.
> It came dead so I check the HOT OK.  I change the EEPROM and the set tray
> come on but in a matter of second the HOT get very Hot. So I thought I have
> problem with the Fly back, I check the HOT again and it was short. So I
> change again and also I change the regulator. and tray to turn it on, them
> see in the picture neck some spark as soon I plug it on. So I take the
board
> that is in the picture Tube and tray again, and as soon I plug it I saw the
> spark in the PIC.TUBE Neck again, then I said How come if nothing is
> connected to the PIC. Tube I see the spark again, for me is the first time
> see something like that also the Hot get hot.
> So I disconnect the plug that go to the Horizontal Yoke, and tray to turn
it
> on and then the High voltage come on and I hear the sound and no spark at
all
> in the picture tube.
> Question is the picture tube with the yoke not good and someone can explain
> to me what is going on?
> Thank you.
>                                                            Jose Paniagua.

PANIAGUA TV/VCR SERVICE.