[TechAssist] Re: RCA compact disc player RS2506

  • From: Excel1819@xxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 09:44:37 EST

Hi Al!

I have a complete parts list and the service cd on this.  I don't know about
the problem but if I can help with a schematic let me know.

Sincerely,

Jason Martin

Excel Distributing Inc.                      " The Best RCA / GE Parts
1819 Mentor Ave.                                  Distributor In The World "
Cincinnati, Ohio 45212

513-531-3989   800-733-3329 phone
513-531-4115   800-735-8007 fax

We will meet or beat ANY advertised oem RCA/GE prices!

Excel1819@xxxxxx

www.ExcelDistributingInc.com

<A HREF="http://www.exceldistributinginc.com";>www.ExcelDistributingInc.com</A>

This unit won't read the disc. I got it to read it twice and I don't know how
but it tries to spin the disc and sometimes it moves a little sometimes not
at all and sometimes it spins the disc but comes up no disc. I can see the
laser mechanism moving up an down but I can't see if the laser is lit. My
question is , is this one of those can't be repaired models? I don't work on
these and just started for extra headache.As far as I know the laser is
turning on the spin motor as it detects the disc. Am I right to think this is
the case? Also could this be a power supply problem? Any common problems with
these units? I cleaned the laser 7 times. It seems weak or not enough power
to it. Where do I check for voltage?
al marquardt
ampm@xxxxxxx

Submit A Repair Tip For Everyone Here: