[TechAssist] Re: RCA VCR VPT296 - Video Problem

  • From: <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 18:10:54 -0500

David,
From Tech Repair CD:
RCA\VPT296\VIDEO DISTORTED IN PLAYBACK.\\\\BAD Q215\\\\\\\\\

Also, make sure the head amp is securely fastened. I don't think I've ever seen
bad heads cause this
problem on that old of a set.
If you have a dummy cassette, stick it in, place alcohol on one of your
business cards and place the unit
in play and let the heads run over the business card.

Jeff Dougherty
Intrepid Video TV/VCR
263 S Front St
Steelton PA 17113