[TechAssist] Re: RCA VCR Model VR480 - ejects tape

  • From: "Intrepid Video Support" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 07:52:23 -0500

Wally,
Tritronics has a kit for the mode switch and solenoid..should fix your problem.
Part number VSJS0018
Keep in mind, if that mode switch is off just a little, you will have problems.

Also, the carriage has to be in place just right. Do you have the alignment
procedure?
All alignments are done in STOP mode and you have to disassemble the top plate
of the carriage to install
the carriage properly.
Good luck...this was my least favorite VCR design to work on.
Jeff Dougherty
Intrepid Video TV/VCR
263 S Front St
Steelton PA 17113