[TechAssist] Re: RCA TV chassis CTC157C- how to start without controls?

  • From: Gary McCartney <number63@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 19:39:13 -0400

Jerry, thanks for looking that up for me. I tried it and it worked!!
Jump pins 6 & 14 in J3001 to power set on. The chassis fired up, it has
HV (20kv- too low), has CRT filaments lighting up but no light on the
screen, even with screen control turned up. Thats all I need to know
about the chassis for now. I will mark it as in this condition and
shelve it again. At least I know not to sell it to someone thinking it
is in good running shape.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
7134 Fife Rd, RR 7