[TechAssist] RCA TV GPR2639P2 Chassis CTC140B Video Input Selection

  • From: "Wheeler, Billy .(SEY-ENG)" <billy.wheeler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 10:16:56 -0400

Hi gang,
I have a nice old 1988 25" RCA Colortrak 2000 (model GPR2639P-2 chassis
CTC140B) console tv.
After resoldering several bad/cold solder joints the set plays great and has
a wonderful picture on it.
It's my primary set in my family room but I need help with selecting the
auxiliary video/audio jacks on the back.
Without the video/audio jacks my dvd player is useless, and of course you
can not feed that signal through the
vcr and onto the tv because of copy protection scheme screws that up.
There is no options for this on the front control panel switches.
On most newer RCA's you select these by entering channel 00 on the remote.
That doesn't work with this set and I don't have the original remote either.
I did go out and buy a three device RCA remote control but it doesn't have a
aux. selection button.
Also have a URC-4063  "One for All" remote control and those people at UEIC
did not respond to my help request
for programming this function in.
Any clues ? TIA
Bill Wheeler