[TechAssist] RCA TV F27628-CTC203AA13

  • From: "John H Smit" <jhsm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:28:02 -0600

Hello to all.
I have this set and it will play for several days and it was taking out
Q14302 a while ago and I replaces it again and checked all the voltages in
the power supply and the horizontal circuit,and it all looks good then it
shorted Q14301 the horizontal driver and did it again after two weeks the
only difference I could see was the collector voltage on Q14301 it shows 72
volt  on the Sams and it measures 81 volt.

I rang the flyback and it gives 71 rings on the VA62,and then when I read
the highvoltage it is only 21.0 Kv instead of 26.0-28.0 KV.
It never shorted out the horizontal out transistor which is unusual I think.
The drive waveform on the base of Q14401 shows a good waveform and amplitude
but on the collector  the amplitude is lower then normal.
I ran out of idea's to find the problem so I turn to Techassist for help.
So please give me a break and give me the answer.
I appreciate any reply on this.
Thank you in advance
John H Smit
Smit's TV Service