[TechAssist] Re: RCA TV CTC169 regulator circuit capacitors

  • From: "Old Damon" <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 06:55:04 -0500

The 15uf cap is a charging cap for the overcurrent shutdown circuit, the
22uf cap will allow increased current flow before shutdown, and a smaller
one will shutdown on less current.

I've used 22 in a pinch, but most of the time I just leave the original one
in there, because it doesn't wear out too often.

Damon Brunger
Telrad Electronic Services
Ft Wayne, IN 46815