[TechAssist] Re: RCA TV, C#:CTC168/CTC169, degaussing problem

  • From: Gary McCartney <number63@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 13:13:36 -0400

Matt, it might be possible that the shadow mask in the tube is out of
position which degausing will not repair. If this is what has happened,
try taking a few small magnets and place them around the bell of the
tube in positions where they help correct the blotch. If the magnets
help, I would contact the customer and advise them that you had to do
this because usually it is not a perfect fix. Sometimes depending on
which direction they face their TV set, the blotch can somewhat come
back, usually not as bad but noticable. I have even asked customers
which direction they face their set and then I aim the set the same
direction to place the magnets.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
7134 Fife Rd, RR 7