[TechAssist] Re: RCA T19060GY

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 15:03:25 -0400

I keep a set of the three boards for that series, gleaned from units
abandoned for the estimates. If the problem isnt obvious, I sub the power
and deflection boards to pin down the problem area. If I have to go that
far, it usually turns out to be a vcr deck problem, either the die-cast
lever broken or the mode switch needing cleaning. Occasionally the dust
needs to be carefully cleaned off of the optical interrupter on the lower
drum. When those models were newer we had some defective drum pg/fg sensors.
If its lightning damage to the deck pcb, the damage is usually extensive. If
I cant find it quickly and fix it replacing a zener or transistor, it
usually turns out to be endless.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave