[TechAssist] RCA T13082 TV\VCR color problem

  • From: "Jose Reyes" <jr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TECHASSIST" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 09:18:46 -0500

Fellow Techs,
   I have this combo with a weird problem.
   The TV works fine.
   When I playback a pre-recorded tape, I have maximum color, total saturation.
   But when I record, I have no color, perfect B&W.
   I have no color whether I playback on this combo or on another vcr.
  I replaced IY001 (video/chroma processor) ic and checked the electrolytic
caps around the ic.
  I also had a deck from another combo, I swapped decks but the problem
remained.
  So, its not a drum or head amp problem.
  Anyone have any suggestions?
  Thank you,