[TechAssist] Re: RCA Splitter part number

  • From: "Bill McFarland" <billmcfarland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:36:33 -0700

Just a little hint about these HV splitter from MAT.

Yes, they are cheaper.
Yes, they work just fine.

Just be careful with them. The plastic they are made of is not nearly as
strong as the original.
(FYI: I have been doing this a long time. So I am sure that I was just not
be to rough. If it had been my son or helper doing this I would have
suspected differently.)

Example: (This was the first one I did)
The little plastic tab that holds the circuit board on the top of the
splitter broke just looking at it.
The plastic tabs that holds the collates in the holes for the HV wires three
of them broke inserting the collate.
The mounting holes cracked when I tightened the screws down.

I was able to save the splitter with glue, silicone, bubble gum, bailing
wire, and a prayer.

Subsequent splitters have been fine now I know to handle them with kid
gloves.

So just be careful or the money you save on the splitter will get eaten up
by the time it takes to make it work.

Good luck, God Bless
Bill McFarland
DMC Electronics