[TechAssist] Re: RCA Scenium HV Splitter Replacement

  • From: "Wayne Vanaman" <Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:37:29 -0500

If you are talking about the ATC311 chassis, there may be a burned resistor
by the IHVT, and it may be burned badly enough to warrant the replacement of
that board.

Remove the front cloth grill, it just pops off.  the splitter is behind a
little panel as it is on the ctc195s.  You will need the Torx driver, maybe
a #2 phillips (consistantcy) and a 1/4" nut driver.

I asked my field rep about the grounding on those, he said it isn't needed.
I have seen the ctc195 splitters intermittantly arcing to ground, and the
ATC221 chassis has a jumper wire installed from the splitter to the frame.

I install jumper wires if they are not there.

Wayne Vanaman
Omega Electronics
6904 W Fairfield Dr
Pensacola, Fl.  32506-3310