[TechAssist] Re: RCA RS2523

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:02:27 -0500

Terry, I'm sure you suspected this, but I would suspect two things in
general:
Contamination to a button assy (windex effect) erratically triggering
functions, and a possible flakey micro. Now a good micro can act flakey
if it's Vcc regulated +5V is noisey or not regulated tight enough. I
have no specific info on thei model as yet. Will check...Also put the
remote away from the set incase it's emitting .
Phil Bader

terry goldstein wrote:

>We have sold three of these units and everone has been in for numerous
>problems , but this one has us stumped., if you let the unit sit with the
>power off , every dew minutes the CD tray will revlove , , most of the time
>time you can't set stations and if you are lucky enought to get one , unit
>will play about 30 seconds then shut off. the at any given time when the unit
>is off the radio will come on ,(timer is off) . anybody have some ever had one
>of these in for repair , RCA is no help at all
>Terry
>Terry's Tv & Electronic's
>tgolds5559@xxxxxxxx

>Lost Password:
>Email Archives:

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx