[TechAssist] Re: RCA/ Proscan PS27152 , CTC169CE5 tried to power up, audible thump-thump. Sound module shorting?

  • From: "Mouton's Electronics" <moutons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 14:36:45 -0600

Yeah Phil, there is a plug with about five wires near the outputs the other
end goes to the power supply area. It gieves the +&- 17vdc sources to the
amps. If you unplug it and the set runs it is definately on the audio board.
If you have the one with 2, 7pin amps with the legs in a zig zag pattern,
they are famous for causing intermittant shutdown after the set plays for a
while and shutdown after startup with a thud in the speakers.

Lots of trouble.

Jason
Mouton Electronics
New Iberia, LA