[TechAssist] Re: RCA Projection TV PTK195DB model # P52820BL convergence parameters

  • From: "Terry H." <tvdoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 10:37:55 -0700

Luis, I wish I had a scanner about now just for the length of this, but here
goes.You need the remote for this also.

Press  and hold menu. Press/release power then press Vol dn. Release menu
and vol dn at the same time. Use vol up to move to V: 80 then push Ch up
once. That should put a full crosshatch up with a centered yellow cursor on
the center quadrant and at this point will allow you to adjust Red. Use vol
and ch buttons on remote to move to whichever four squares you need to
adjust. The four 'Move' buttons on the remote will adjust lines in the
quadrant. Use 'Info or Display' to switch between red and blue. Yellow
cursor is for red and cyan cursor is for blue. Power restores normal
operation as well as writes the settings in memory. Takes about 2 or 3
seconds to write. A little tricky at first, but I changed all 3 jugs under
warranty once and used this. It beat analog convergence to death. Hope this
helps and sorry it was so lengthy. Good luck.
Terry H.