[TechAssist] Re: RCA Proj. CTC169PA P52750WK B+ too high/dead

  • From: walter wood <wwood_38478@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 13:23:55 -0800 (PST)

I was struggling with one of these last year.
There was much discussion on the list about the
regulated B+.
In fact, (according to RCA tech line), the voltage
can eaisly be 170+ in standby.
One other point.
I haven't found it on an RCA yet, but I "diagnosed"
a bad splitter on a zenith in this way.
Turned out to be a bad crt.
After removing the input for checking, it might be
good to replace it, and then disconnect the feeds
to the crt's.
HTH
Walter
--- "Larry E." <videotech@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks to all that replied, Walter was correct,
> HV splitter (205064) is
> bad. Never saw one cause this problem, one note
> to my previous post,
> if set is plugged into a variac and set at 90
> volts the regulated B+
> was 30 volts higher than raw B+. Larry E
>
> Larry E. wrote:
>
> > Hi guys, have a lightbox for a CTC169PA
> projection set that seems to
> > not be regulating correctly. Raw B+ is 159v,
> pin 16 of U4101 is 11.5v,
> > Cr4118`s cathode is 14.85v, but cathode of
> cr4116 is 155v, if I hold
> > down the power button this voltage drops to 80
> volts and something in
> > the power supply tics, I`ve replaced,
> C4102,104,108, Cr4118 & C4145,
> > checked across CR4123 and have 5.6 volts,
> Regulated B+ was 167v before
> > replacing C4102,104 & 108. My tech notes say
> this problem is caused by
> > either C4102 or CR4123 is zenering at 8.6v
> instead of 5.6v. Obviously
> > this isn`t the problem, any ideas ??? tia,
> Larry E
>

> --
> Larry Eastman
> American TV & Electronics