[TechAssist] Re: RCA ProJo PTK169PABS

  • From: HSWAD@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 07:34:17 EST

In a message dated 11/21/01 12:57:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,

<< Subj:     [TechAssist] Re: RCA ProJo  PTK169PABS
 Date:  11/21/01 12:57:39 AM Eastern Standard Time
 From:  tvdoctors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Sender:    techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 To:    techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unhook the HV tripler and then push the power button(make sure to put the
lead in a glass bottle) Hollis
 It won't run. It tries to start but just shuts down. Standby voltages seen
normal until I hit the power button. As I measure standby voltages when I
turn the set on, they drop about half.   Neil

 > ** Original Subject: [TechAssist] Re: RCA ProJo  PTK169PABS
 > ** Original Sender: Dennis Viereck <wa6ati@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 > ** Original Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 00:37:05 -0500 (EST)

 > ** Original Message follows...

 > Neil:
 > Is the voltage you are measuring in the Standby mode or in the Run mode?
 >
 > If so, What are the voltages at CR4106(K) & CR4101(K) with respect to hot
ground in the Standby mode?  Are any of the supply voltages pulsing at a 0.5
to 1 second rate at U4101(15 & 16)

 > Dennis Viereck
 >

 > tvdoctors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
 >
 > > Didn't help!   130 goes to around 70.   12.6 goes to around 6.5   _15
and positive 15 don't seem to go as low.   Anything else to try. I do get a
spark like from a spark plug wire from the anode for about a second when
power button is hit.   Neil