[TechAssist] Re: RCA PTV169 Weird Problem, horizontal ripple.

  • From: HarrisTV50010@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:45:55 EST

Did you use a generic splitter or the exact RCA. I know if I use an ASTI I
will get a slight wiggle & wavyness on straight objects.
Dale

In a message dated 1/25/05 8:53:05 PM Central Standard Time,
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Hello all: I have a PTV169 PTV with a strange problem. The pix. is perfect
everywhere but intermittently there is a horizontal ripple about 8" long and
about 3 inches high that floats in picture. I don't know if ripple is the
right word, the pix. almost wrinkles with tiny lines but only in a small
area. It seems to do it more noticeable when the set is cold, gets better
after playing awhile. When this happens the pix. is perfect everywhere else.
It usually happens about center of screen and about 6 inches up from the
center. I changed the splitter and the convergence board, still same
symptom. Has anyone ever seen this intermittent? The customer really wants
it fixed, but..what a strange problem. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Perry Bower
Electric Medic
"It's Cheaper to Keep Her"
http://www.electricmedic.com