[TechAssist] Re: RCA PTV P46924 CTC195M

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:51:26 -0700 (PDT)

Peggs,
 I would be looking in the vertical circuit. Have had this symptom on other
proj sets. It was often related to the vertical circuit in some way. Don't know
if the red tube is in the vicinity of the vertical circuit in this set or not.
                                                                Paul
peggs <peggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
No Service manual,but I DO have the CTC195 'Training Manual'.
Came in Dead.
Coolant leak from red pix tube.
No Real signs of fluid on PCB's,although I removed
cleaned with soap and water,and baked the Convergence PCB,because it
felt........ 'damp'.

Replaced Bad Micro,246330/251579,was dragging Standby 5v down,which Burned
resistor R14604,3.3ohm.
Again no sign of Fluid leak on this PCB.........this one has NOT been cleaned.

Flyback has been replaced.......just because :-)

Now,this set goes into an immediate shut down at Power On.........unless
all 3 yokes are disconnected(I have the HV Divider disconnected from the
New Flyback).
At Power On,
H Drive will come up and immediately drop off,unless all 3 yokes are
disconnected(from the Convergence PCB).
HOT B+ is at 165v,and will acually raise a few volts,unless all 3 yokes are
disconnected.
But when the yokes ARE disconnected, H Drive stays up,HOT B+ drops to its
proper 143v,and the set stays 'on'.
Any Yoke being connected causes shutdown.

I'm not too experienced at troubleshooting this chassis,so any
Help/Tips/Manuals are welcomed.

Peggs
Peggs' Electronics
1519 West 2nd Street
Owensboro,KY 42301
270-926-4968
fax 270-686-7399
peggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

--
This message has been scanned by the OMU Online postini filter.

http://www.tech-assist.org and select "Login Problems?".

Paul ,B
Central TV&Video
911W Grand Ave