[TechAssist] RCA PTV P46924 CTC195M

  • From: peggs <peggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 09:17:39 -0700

No Service manual,but I DO have the CTC195 'Training Manual'.
Came in Dead.
Coolant leak from red pix tube.
No Real signs of fluid on PCB's,although I removed
cleaned with soap and water,and baked the Convergence PCB,because it
felt........ 'damp'.

Replaced Bad Micro,246330/251579,was dragging Standby 5v down,which Burned
resistor R14604,3.3ohm.
Again no sign of Fluid leak on this PCB.........this one has NOT been cleaned.

Flyback has been replaced.......just because :-)

Now,this set goes into an immediate shut down at Power On.........unless
all 3 yokes are disconnected(I have the HV Divider disconnected from the
New Flyback).
At Power On,
H Drive will come up and immediately drop off,unless all 3 yokes are
disconnected(from the Convergence PCB).
HOT B+ is at 165v,and will acually raise a few volts,unless all 3 yokes are
disconnected.
But when the yokes ARE disconnected, H Drive stays up,HOT B+ drops to its
proper 143v,and the set stays 'on'.
Any Yoke being connected causes shutdown.

I'm not too experienced at troubleshooting this chassis,so any
Help/Tips/Manuals are welcomed.

Peggs
Peggs' Electronics
1519 West 2nd Street
Owensboro,KY 42301
270-926-4968
fax 270-686-7399
peggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

--
This message has been scanned by the OMU Online postini filter.