[TechAssist] Re: RCA PTK195MA no sound,menu pops up by itself, etc.

  • From: Larry Eastman <videotech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 13:35:22 -0500

 Hi Guys, thanks for the replies, customer had speakers turned off in
menu, I also turned off text, appears
that the only real problem is operator error (customer is approx. 80
years old) and the IR circuit is not
working, If I remove the front speaker grille and hold the remote right
up against the front of the set the
remote will work, Wayne , you advised that you stock this part, could
you give me the part # for it and
where is the broken wire/plug that you spoke of? I`m assuming the remote
sensor is mounted on the same
small board that the front control panel plugs into between the tubes
like a 169 chassis? Thanks to Wayne,
Robert & Al for your help, it is much appreciated, Larry E

Larry Eastman
American TV & Electronics
Crystal River, Fl. 34428