[TechAssist] RCA PTK195MA no sound,menu pops up by itself, etc.

  • From: Larry Eastman <videotech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 10:35:32 -0500

Hi Guys, I`m going out on a PTK195MA later today and the customer gave
us the following complaint
over the phone, no sound, menu pops up whenever it feels like it, remote
doesn`t work at all, pushing
volume/channel keys on front of set performs wrong function, ie; pushing
vol. up changes channel etc.
removing the AC cord and plugging back in does not bring sound back, or
improve anything else.
I get very few of these and it`s usually bad flybacks, this sounds like
more than one problem to me, of
course the call is approx. 15 miles away, has anyone run into this
scenario before? any ideas appreciated.
tia, Larry E

Larry Eastman
American TV & Electronics