[TechAssist] Re: RCA PTK195B, mostly dead.

  • From: walter wood <wwood_38478@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 14:13:14 -0700 (PDT)

I had one of these kick my butt a couple years ago.
The dead set problem turned out to be on the
convergence board.
This can be checked by unplugging P/J19503. The set
will start up and run if this is the issue.
The set will not be converged of course.
The data line on pin 20 of U19501 was being held
low.
The real problem was the glue under surface mount
caps C19503 and/or C19581.
Removing the caps, scraping the board and replacing
the caps fixed the set.
HTH
Walter

=====