[TechAssist] RCA PTK169PAAS..IHVT question

  • From: "Intrepid Video Support" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 10:14:53 -0500

Good day...
I showed up at the customer home on this set to find it trying to start.
Looking in the rear of the set, I
saw arcing at the HV lead to the splitter.
Brought light box to shop and await splitter. Replace splitter and power supply
components since original
were still in this set, and set would start, then shut down. Pulled HV lead
from splitter, now set pulses
on/off, each time the high voltage does build.
Checked HOT, it was OK. Pulled and rang flyback on my Sencore VA48 and it
failed. Needle never came up at
any of the settings. Usually, the needle comes up at least a little on some of
the settings.
Questions is......wouldn't the bad flyback have taken out the HOT, also?
I hate to wait for a new flyback, which is currently on BO, when there is
actually another problem...
Also, checked the splitter and I have a little over 11k from input to each
output. Isn't this a good test?
Thank you for the help...

Jeff Dougherty
Intrepid Video TV/VCR