[TechAssist] Re: RCA PTK169BE chas- very intermitant loss of pix and sound

  • From: "tony saracco" <tcselectronics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 10:07:18 -0500

Make sure there are no bad connections at the bridge rectifier diodes and
also check the AC receptacle inside for bad connections ( you have to
disassemble the AC plug housing ) I have had several that would lose power
due to inter connections in the AC plug housing. We just seen a 169 with
intr audio/video that traced to a defective CR 1404 off the input switch IC
( luckily it stayed muted long enough to troubleshoot).

Tony Saracco
TCS ELECTRONICS
Elgin , IL 60120
847-695-1928