[TechAssist] Re: RCA PTK 195 blows horizontal output

  • From: "John @ Myers TV" <myers_tv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 14:51:14 -0400

Well, here we are back at this dog again. It lasted a couple months in the
customers home, and it is back to its old tricks again.

It blows the Horizontal output transistor after a short time. This time, I
had the Sencore  HA2500 hanging on it, using it to monitor the drive to the
base. The drive was varying between 5.7 - 6.0 V P-P for about 3 minutes,
then the transistor  shorted.

I've ruled out the splitter, the IHVT(by replacement), and the Hor. Drive
transformer (by replacement). The B+ in run mode is 142V.

The transistors are 2SC5148 from B & D. So, does anyone have any words of
wisdom for me?

John Myers
Myers TV Service        Since 1984
Alliance, OH