[TechAssist] RCA P61310YX1, DTV307 chassis, standby sypply will not start.

  • From: Jim Myers <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TechAssist <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 11:35:27 -0500

Q14601 was blown with a burn through its case, I have replaced Q14601,
CR14613, CR14615, CR14602, CR14611, R14604, Q14602 and Q14603, Also I
have checked all other parts in the supply and checked for shorts on the
outputs. Darn thing just does not try to start. I've called the RCA tech
line twice about it. The last call they said I must replace all three
transistors at the same time so I ordered two sets and replaced all
three. Still it will not start, it does not even twitch or jiggle when I
apply AC. I monitor Q14601 with scope and one of the output side diodes
with meter and flip the variac on and nothing. Q14601 always has about
12.5 volts on it's gate and zero on the source. The RCA tech says this
means the transistor is open. If this were not a FET I would agree. Are
all the new ones bad? I have installed three new ones now. Has anyone
had this experience?
Thanks,
Since 1972
Jim Myers