[TechAssist] Re: RCA P61310 HDTV

  • From: Ralph Dorsey <Merlin-Wizard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 04:43:02 -0600

Well lets all get together on these. The most problems I've had with the
newer RCA's (ctc195 and up) is the Gemstar (guide plus), solder tuner
area, loose parts (or actually parts that have just fallen out like
varactor diodes etc), and bad Flybacks. The biggest problem I'm finding
is that the universal RCA remotes that you can by at place's like
Walgreens, K-mart, Wal-mart etc, are not like the original remotes, and
actually "guide" the customer to place the unit in the "Guide PLus"
mode. Now this is great if the customer knows how to use and program
thier TV, but if they are like most Customers, then they will actually
lock themselves out of the normal tuner mode and then keep calling you
telling you they still have the same problem. recently i will only sell
the original remote for the sets CTC195 and up to a customer with this
problem. has solved it every time. (about 35 so far). Good news is the
orginal is about only $20 dealer cost (I think).