[TechAssist] Re: RCA P46730WK -PTK169PCA CHASSIS

  • From: Ed Gaidies <teltek2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 20:04:24 -0400

In layman's terms....what are the symptoms?
    To start with, lets not talk bias, unless you have a way to confirm it's
a bias problem. Tell us what the customer would tell you, as descriptive as
possible.
    Then...maybe, we can send you in the right direction. As a rule a
technician can usually attribute a CRT problem by just looking at a picture
and taking a few basic measurements, with the CRT board removed from the
neck of the tube. If it is CRT, all other Service procedures can be
eliminated, short of trying to rejuvenate the offending tube.
Sorry I don't have a schematic for the 169PCA, I have 169's, but if you
suspect a bias problem the 169 Direct view will not be of any help.

- Ed -
Ed Gaidies
TEL-TEK ELECTRONICS
Midland, Ontario, Canada.