[TechAssist] Re: RCA P46727BA CTC169BT Dead

  • From: walter wood <wwood_38478@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 14:22:54 -0700 (PDT)

Quite possibly the high voltage splitter.
To test, remove the input to the splitter(from the
flyback) and isolate it so it cannot arc.
I use a glass tube($1.00 cigar came in it).
Then turn it on.
If it comes up with sound(rushing noise is sound)
and the power indicator stays on, you have a bad
splitter.
It can sometimes be a crt, so if this test proves
that the set can run, reattach the input and remove
the anode leds to the crts one at a time.
Be sure to mark all leads as to the depth that they
go into the splitter.
Usually one can feel the indentation where the
plastic sleeve was.
Be careful not to lose those little rubber gaskits
that go on the leads.
Very common problem with thomaon sets, even the new
digital chassis.
Got one in here that's 3 months old.
HTH
Walter

--- harry fogarty <snoopys2002@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   This set is in the customers home. I have not
> been out there to see it as
> yet. The costomer had said that when they had
> turned it on they had heard a
> pop and then nothing. It may have took a
> powersurge. I am hoping to get some
> info from someone that may have worked on this
> problem before to give me
> some idea of what to take with me when I got to
> see this set. I normally
> will not do house calls but right now I don`t
> have the room to bring this
> set into the shop. Any help would be appreciated.
>         Thanks in advance.
>

> Harry Fogarty
> Prince Rupert Repairs
> Prince Rupert B.C.
> Canada

> The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months
> FREE*

> CHECK OUT THE NEW CHATROOM! Just login and click
> on chat!
> The Tech Address Book:
> Add a Repair Tip Here, or Change/Remove your
> Email Address:
> http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Lost your
> Login Info?".

=====