[TechAssist] RCA Model D52W17, Chassis ITC222 - Dead Set

  • From: "Gary Pahls" <bec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 11:53:32 -0500

The Service number for this unit is D52W17BYX1
When this set came in it would randomly turn itself on an off, ordered new
small signal board, the set runs fine now but the geomety is way off.  Can't
get it to fill the screen horizontally, vertical is close.  We went through the
set up proceedures that came with the new panel but no results.  Tried swapping
all 4 eprom IC's, no results, tried a second board, no results.  Can someone
tell me if the part number 264120 is the right small signal panel for this set,
and if so what are we missing.  It almost appears that this panel is for a 4X3
instead of a 16X9 set.  We have changed the parameters on the new board for
widescreen.  When I switch the aspect ratio from 4X3 to 16X9 I don't notice any
significant change.  This is the first one of these I've seen so I am probably
just missing something.

TIA

Gary Pahls
Beloit Entertainment Center