[TechAssist] RCA Model# BD20TF10 DVD combo Chassis TVD809

  • From: "Moutons Electronics L.L.C." <moutons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 15:09:47 -0600

This unit came in a month ago and I cleaned the lens on the laser, the problem
at the time was "no disc" and intermittantly would play. After cleaning it
played without trouble for 2 weeks before the customer picked it up. After a
month in the house it is back.
Now it says everytime a disc, movie or cd, is inserted a message comes up that
says "the disc is incompatible with this player, insert a compatible disc"

I have heard on some stand alone players that some disc can cause this and
there maybe a reset using a combination of key presses to reset the system. The
owners manual only has unplug the unit to reset and also makes no mention of
the error I am getting.

Does anyone know of a reset procedure for this model?

Jason
Moutons Electronics