[TechAssist] Re: RCA MM36100, Chassis is MMC101 or MM101 (depends on where you look) shutdown

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:23:06 -0500

Found this in my archives. Hope it helps. Maybe your swap part is bad?
Phil
This has might be of value to someone
I will upload it to members tips
Goes into shutdown after power up can hear HV and Audio momentarily as
comes
on.
Defeating Scan loss shutdown transistor Q24105 found no Horizontal
deflection +67 volts at CR14409 and no pulse off T14451 pin 14
Replacing T14451 fixed
Robert
tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
H & H Electronics Inc

Jim Myers wrote:

>Partsfinder says it is a MMC101 but tag on chassis says it is MM101,
>anyway when power switch is pressed it comes on and shuts down (sounds
>like a kid going for the last bit of Pepsi through a straw only louder),
>if tried again same thing then after trying a few times it will go on
>and off three times. The H yoke pulse is lower than it should be and has
>an extra little pulse between the normal pulses. T14451 rings good,
>swapped it anyway with one from another chassis, no change. Tried
>following the troubleshooting guide and schematic, what a pain. Anyone
>have a tip or a shortcut on this one.
>
>Thanks,
>********************************
>Since 1972                     *
>Jim Myers                      *
>Telrad Electronics             *
>Fort Wayne Indiana             *

>Lost Password:
>Email Archives:

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx