[TechAssist] Re: RCA HDTV receiver DTC100 Need print or part #'s REPLY

  • From: "al m" <ampm@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 12:17:15 -0400

Greetings,

I'm sorry but we have no service information on the DTC100.  It is an
exchange item only.

Here's what the warranty says:

For how long after your purchase:
* 90 days - Unit exchange, which includes parts and labor.
* 91 days to 1 year - Unit exchange, which includes parts only; you pay the
labor.
* The warranty for rental units begins with the first rental or 45 days from
date of
shipment to the rental firm, whichever comes first.
What we will do:
During the initial 90 days:
Exchange the defective portion of your Digital Receiver with a new or, at
our option,
refurbished unit.
After the 90 days and within one year:
Exchange the defective portion of your Digital Receiver with a new or, at
our option,
refurbished unit. We will charge you a flat exchange cost to replace a
defective receiver.
This charge covers the labor cost for its repair.
How you get service:
* Call 1-888-901-HDTV and have your unit's date of purchase and model/serial
number
ready. The model/serial number information is on the back of your receiver.
* A representative will troubleshoot your problem over the phone.
* If the representative determines that you should receive a replacement
receiver you
will be provided with a Return Authorization (RA) number and the location of
nearby exchange point if one exists. No returns will be accepted without the
RA
number.
* If the representative determines that your antenna/dish is defective they
will arrange
for its repair or replacement.

Thank you,
Thomson Network