[TechAssist] Re: RCA HD52W140

  • From: "jonas miglinas" <miglinasj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 14:06:50 -0600

Hello Paul,

I went thru a devil of a time with an ATC 311 about two months ago. Set =
would not turn on at times(no power light), and when it did turn on, it =
would not turn off ( had to unplug). Remote and FPA switches would not =
function when you could not turn it off. All these events would occur =
intermittently at various times, playing well for up to three weeks. =
Followed all the recommended procedures from Thomson I ended up getting =
new DM2 circuit.
 Same problem.
Resoldered and installed many other circuits and the same result. Not =
much help from the tech people at Thomson. I ended up freezing the hell =
out of the DM2 thru whatever openings that I could see and the damn set =
started to operate normally.. Operated the set untill it would not =
function, froze it again, and again it started working. Same result with =
the original DM2. Wasted a lot of time with a bum replacement (and a lot =
of money invested in the purchase of this circuit).
So try freezing the circuit and see if you get results.

Jonas Miglinas
Miglinas TV
Chicago
----- Original Message -----=20