[TechAssist] Re: RCA & GE TVs CTC175 and up

  • From: Gary McCartney <number63@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 12:59:24 -0400

That doesn't sound like a good idea. I think the degausing thermistor is
in series with the degausing coil and allows current to the coil for
just a short time. As the thermistor gets hot, it gradually shuts off
current to the coil. If you bypass it, your probably going to have
blotches of color on the screen, and a fire hazard besides.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
7134 Fife Rd, RR 7
Guelph Ontario Canada N1H 6J4