[TechAssist] Re: RCA G27701 CTC203AA5 Cycles on and off

  • From: John at Main TV <maintv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 13:57:03 -0600

I have never seen this but I have notes saying TV tries 5 times (not
just blinking power light but HV will come up and shutdown 5 times, the
picture may even come on) being caused by the tuner.  The CTC203AA5 uses
a discrete tuner (not TOB) part CTF5800 so that may be the trouble.  I
am not sure if you can open the tuner terminals or if you need to
replace it to determine the problem.   John.

al m wrote:

> This set cycles on and off 5 times. I found one tip that said bad flyback. I
> rang flyback and it rings good. Don't have the cabinet only the chassis so I
> can't turn it on without going to get the cabinet. I would like to find a fix
> without going to get it as it is a big wooden cabinet. The standby voltages
> are all there.I hope somebody has had this before. Have done all the
> resoldering. Thanks.
> al marquardt
> ampm@xxxxxxx
> Al Marquardt Electronic Repair